October 23, 2008
What exactly happens in a persons head between reading "Rules of the Road" and the moment that they get to a stop sign? I drive through several on my secret back road way to work, and every time I encounter people who fail to grasp the concept of how these sophisticated means of traffic control work. So here are a few simple reminders for some of you out there in Drive Batshit Crazyland:
1) First come: first served.
2) Like everything else in life, you move clockwise around the intersection to get to your turn.
3) As an extension and clarification of #1 and #2, if two people arrive at the same time, the person on the right goes first.
4) Just because you're on a major road does not mean you have priority over the side street. So at any of those 4-way stops, everyone is subject to the sign equally.
5) Just because you're in a hurry doesn't mean you don't have to wait your turn.
6) If you're riding a bike, get bent because I hate you.
See? Now everyone is better off. You're welcome.