October 23, 2008

Stop Signs


What exactly happens in a persons head between reading "Rules of the Road" and the moment that they get to a stop sign? I drive through several on my secret back road way to work, and every time I encounter people who fail to grasp the concept of how these sophisticated means of traffic control work. So here are a few simple reminders for some of you out there in Drive Batshit Crazyland:

1) First come: first served.
2) Like everything else in life, you move clockwise around the intersection to get to your turn.
3) As an extension and clarification of #1 and #2, if two people arrive at the same time, the person on the right goes first.
4) Just because you're on a major road does not mean you have priority over the side street. So at any of those 4-way stops, everyone is subject to the sign equally.
5) Just because you're in a hurry doesn't mean you don't have to wait your turn.
6) If you're riding a bike, get bent because I hate you.

See? Now everyone is better off. You're welcome.

2 comments:

Matt G said...

Speaking on behalf of the bikers - screw you, too.

I apologize in advance for spitting on your car.

Captain Shiner said...

The issue I have with bikers is this:

If they want to play on the road, then they should have to follow the same rules as the cars. Stop at stop signs, obey lights, etc. Not doing so angers me.