November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Savings

Thanksgiving is about two things: Turkey and getting a head start on the holiday shopping season.

Am I the only one that things this is kind of a strange thing? It's a little disappointing to me that our society has become so commercialized that Thanksgiving is looked at as a jump on holiday shopping almost equally, if not more so, than the actually celebration of the holiday. Personally, I try to avoid the Black Friday sales as much as possible. Not because I don't like savings, but because the crowds are just too much. I've been able to get up at 4 am for a select number of things, and saving an additional 5% on gifts for people is not really one of them. Besides, I think the retailers are so desperate to have my money that they will be offering such deals almost all the way through the season.

No comments: