March 10, 2011

It's GAMEDAY


My recent television obsession with Parks and Recreation (Ron Swanson is a model American and my personal hero) has almost distracted me from the excitement building inside of me for the most wonderful time of the year. It’s MARCH MADNESS! Holy crap do I love this time of year. In fact, convincing my employers for a work holiday party to take place on the first day of the tournament (which also happens to be St. Patrick’s Day. EPIC) is perhaps the crowning achievement of my 7-year tenure with the firm. I’m going to have a resume just for this moment.



But anyway, my ILLINI have often been a tease offering glimmers of false hope only to take my breath and sanity away by blowing it in the most frustrating way possible. But that stops here. I’m going to say this here and now in a public forum: the ILLINI are going to have an amazing postseason. I feel it. This team has the talent to be special and loved forever, and I think they are going to do it. I really do. While this homer has been drinking the Kool-Aid, I truly, deep in my heart believe it.

I-L-L , Bitches. It’s GAMEDAY!!!!!!!!!!!



Image via http://www.sportslogos.net/

No comments: