December 11, 2010

Hold the Coffee

I believe I’m one of only 15 people in the entire Chicagoland who does not drink coffee. I’m not referring to just having a cup once in a while – I don’t drink it period. Upon learning this fact, the most common response I hear is “What do you do for caffeine in the morning?” For the longest time it was nothing – I just wake up and go about my day. Now, take that with a grain of salt because I’m a horrible morning person; I have to set my alarm for 7 am if I want to make sure I’m out of bed by 8, and even that is a chore. But as I approach my 31st birthday I felt it was time to maybe mix up the routine a little bit.

Staring after Turkeypalooza I’ve been drinking a black tea in the morning at the office. I have noticed the caffeine effect of the black tea, and it’s actually been helpful in starting the day. But what I like about the tea as opposed to anytime I’ve ever tried coffee is it provides that feeling that jolt of caffeine. It’s a slow, soothing warm greeting – a gentle hug as opposed to a slap in the face. It’s enjoyable – especially since the heat at the office was out for the better part of this week.

No comments: